Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Clematis

Post by aykhan »

Beautiful.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Dr Sahib i hope to acquire "Sweet Summer Love" which is also included in Proven Winners website and supposedly is heat tolerant like Clematis Sweet Autumn.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Excellent !!! Looks to be in a pot. Is it from your garden in Lahore? And is this & the others you mentioned available locally or where from are you planning to get these?
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

The photo is from my garden. Sweet Autumn Clematis is not so common even though a few nurseries have been offering it for the past 8-10 years. Not many nurseries are aware of it. It can be propagated easily through cuttings, layering or grown from seed. I intend to take cuttings after a month or collect the seeds. It self seeds easily.

The "Sweet Summer Love" is on my wish list. Currently i do not have it or it is available at the moment?
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

With winter coming what kind of care is best for clematis in pots? They are still green. Should I stop watering now and resume once they sprout?
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Assuming that your Clematis are potted in a media having well drainage, watering requirements will be dictated by the grouping of the plant. There are varieties which will go into dormancy and some may be in growth phase.Those in dormancy would require little watering.

A rule of thumb that has worked well for me for almost all the plants is to buring your finger alteast 1 inch in the potting mix in which you have may doubt whether it requires watering. Water when if the soil medium is percieved to be dry by your dipped finger and do NOT water if the medium is moist.

Generally avoid heavy watering during the winters as Clematis hate wet sogging soil which can increase the chances of rot. Water only if the surface appears dry. Having them in pots gives you the flexibility to move the pots in a location where they get atleast 5 hours of sun during the winters. Even afternoon sunshine which may not be desirable during our hot summers are very beneficial during the winters.

Don't be alarmed if some of your Clematis die back and some of the varieties from the Integrofolia (herbacioius) and Texansis Group perform a vanishing act by dyeing back during the winter and re-appear duirng Spring.

To conclude, avoid heaving watering and water based on the method suggested above and try to ensure that they get 5-6 hours of sunshine during the winters even if it is afternoon sun.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Florida Sieboldii
Kaleem
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Florida Siedboldii is best in your collection. From where have you bought this?
My next shipment of clematis will arrive in December but this time I prefered doubles.
Kaleem
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Beautiful colour(combination).
Kaleem Sb, from where & how are you getting the shipment?
Kaleem
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Munir sb
Actually I have a friend in USA, she is an affectionate lady and my 2nd mom. She has two kids their names are as under

Katherine ( daughter)
Kevin (son) K1
Both names started with word "K" and mine also start with "K" so she call us K1 and K2
Kaleem K2

She always send me different plants and gifts, mine two Clematises are from her garden. She has more than 100 varieties in Clematis.
And this is my source of Clematis.
Kaleem

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”