Plant Lover Reborn!!

A Seasoned Gardener & Rose Lover

Moderator: Izhar

rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: Plant Lover Reborn!!

Post by rafique »

All your blooms are beautiful, but i would praise special for roses. Nice sharing. I do have more interest in roses but not much knowledge, thanks to umar for his guidance in this domain.
Rafique
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

rafique
Thanks Sir. I will post more pics of the roses as they bloom.
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Gazanias are amongst my favourite perennials. Low maintenance, not too fussy about soil, tolerates temperature extreme, nice grey green folliage and lots of colour most part of the year. I have planted them everywhere in my house and will not worry much about them from here on. Few pics to share....

Gazania rigens 'Aztec Orange'.

Gazania rigens 'Aztec Orange', a different shade..

Gazania rigens 'Bicton Orange'

Gazania rigens Treasure Flower 'Pink Trailing'

Gazania rigens Treasure Flower 'Kiss Frosty White'

Gazania rigens Treasure Flower 'Daybreak Bronze'

Gazania rigens 'Kiss Yellow'
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Another new orange shade in Gerbera bloomed today. Shades now flowering are not drastically different from the previously bloomed shades.

KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Eversince I saw this wonderful canopy shaped tree planted in the courtyard of a poor man's house in one of the Indonesian Islands, I fell in love with it. Terminalia catappa is a majestic tree, indeed. This one is just sprouting after decidious period.

A so is this young Terminalia planted in the back yard of my house. A dear friend of mine presented me a plant from his collection.

I hope over the years, it will grow the same majestic canopy for which Terminalia catappa is famous.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Grape fruits are flowering. I hope to get good yield this year.

Cherry tomatoes are at bloom. I have already harvested few cherry size tomatoes which taste excellent. Number is increasing with every passing day. Hope it spreads well on the wooden stand that I got made from scrap woood for these tomatoes.

And a few more Gerberas flowered today....

I love this colour in Gerbera

A nice double. I wish the colour was better though its not that disappointing.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Nice Gerberas, I have not been able to grow them well.
Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Nice Gazania and Gerberas.
Asim
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Thanks a lot everyone. Few more roses that have flowered. These are again from last year and were not planted by me.

KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Sharing some bizarre looking bloom....

A fortnight back, I planted this Chamaerops humilis in the atrium at a friends home when I redesigned his devastated atrium. This is a local specie that grows in abundance in the wild in Balochistan, Tribal Areas and lowere fringes of AJ&K on hills where it doesn't rain too much. An elegant looking palm that does very well outdoors as well as indoors. Need very good drainage and less watering.

Given the good environment, the palm has started blooming. Just look at the bright yellow flowers which don't look like flowers at all. BTW, the plant was watered profusely the day it was planted, ie, around 15 days back and hasn't been watered since.

Acorus gramineus that I planted in my container gardens are responding very well and have started blooming. Well, it may not be a beautiful flowere but it's a flower, nevertheless :mrgreen:

Return to “KBW's Garden”