Join us in Seed & bulb purchases from Abroad and Locally

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: importing bulbs!

Post by aykhan »

Looks like we already have enough people to make the shipping cost tolerable :) So Khabbab is the next step inboxing you whatever everyone wants from that site?
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

me in as well :D
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

khabbab wrote:Just talked to the lady at Anglia Bulbs and they said that they will start accepting the order from december 1st but they will dispatch in February!!!!!! So what do you guys say?

I think all the bulbs which are in their summer catalog can be planted in our spring e.g. nerine, gloriosa, hedychium can be all planted in february here.
Please count me too in the final list. Munir
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

aykhan wrote:Looks like we already have enough people to make the shipping cost tolerable :) So Khabbab is the next step inboxing you whatever everyone wants from that site?
I just checked the summer catalog and either their prices have gone too high or there is some problem in the catalog. E.g Nerine Stefani was 5 bulbs for 5 pounds last year but now no bulb quantity is mentioned and price is still 5 pounds which is strange. Same problem with gloriosa lily etc. I have emailed the lady about this problem and hope will get response soon.

I am afraid i cannot buy gloriosa lily 3 pounds for one bulb and so on. Have you guys checked the prices of summer catalog? Do you find these okay?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

yes Khabbab you are right 3 for 1 is too expensive and this year Nerine is still 5 for 5 but I was more interested in Glory because I already got Nerine from van meuwan, I will try to find some other plants from their list

Regards

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Everyone, kindly inbox my your order detail from angliaBulbs, we will make the order in a few days. As soon as i receive orders from all the persons, i will tell you how much each person have to pay in total. Remember delivery will be in February. I will also send proof of order email to all persons. Thanks
Lahore gardening blog
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

khabbab wrote:Everyone, kindly inbox my your order detail from angliaBulbs, we will make the order in a few days. As soon as i receive orders from all the persons, i will tell you how much each person have to pay in total. Remember delivery will be in February. I will also send proof of order email to all persons. Thanks
Khabab would you please guide us ( at least me)what we should buy?I dont have much experience of growing imported bulbs
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

rabia wrote:
khabbab wrote:Everyone, kindly inbox my your order detail from angliaBulbs, we will make the order in a few days. As soon as i receive orders from all the persons, i will tell you how much each person have to pay in total. Remember delivery will be in February. I will also send proof of order email to all persons. Thanks
Khabab would you please guide us ( at least me)what we should buy?I dont have much experience of growing imported bulbs
Well I am personally sure about Tulbaghia fragrans, gloriosa lily, Polianthes (Tuberosa) double I have seen them blooming in lahore. I think crocosmia can also flower here but no experience yet. All crinum, amarcrinum and belladonna will grow good here. I have also seen white hedychium flowering in lahore so it can also grow good and so other hedychium (they need lots of spcace).
Lahore gardening blog
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

khabbab wrote:
rabia wrote:
Well I am personally sure about Tulbaghia fragrans, gloriosa lily, Polianthes (Tuberosa) double I have seen them blooming in lahore. I think crocosmia can also flower here but no experience yet. All crinum, amarcrinum and belladonna will grow good here. I have also seen white hedychium flowering in lahore so it can also grow good and so other hedychium (they need lots of spcace).
Khabbab, please get me all these mentioned by u (in optimum number for the first experience),deleting those not suited to Pindi environs &adding any relevant here but left out earlier.
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

munir wrote:
Khabbab, please get me all these mentioned by u (in optimum number for the first experience),deleting those not suited to Pindi environs &adding any relevant here but left out earlier.
Munir, kindly explicitly mention which bulbs you want to buy and in which number. I do not know your budget :)
Lahore gardening blog

Return to “Group Purchases”