May be from the flower.
Mohsin Raza
City: Jhelum
Gardening Interests: Lawn bulbs and kitchen gardening

Re: LILIUM UP GRADED

Post by Mohsin Raza »

uploadfromtaptalk1454224851777.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454224827726.jpg
Image kindly help me I planted this lily in start of October and its showing very slow growth

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Mohsin Raza

Post by Mohsin Raza »

In first two months October and November the growth is fast and good but from last two months its very slow...

asimPK
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Plants and flowers

Post by asimPK »

Looks under attack of some disease probably crown rot.
Mohsin Raza

Post by Mohsin Raza »

Thank you asimPk any suggestions if its rot its my first experience of this plant

asimPK

Post by asimPK »

Tulip White Dream purchased from sky seeds Rs.80, bulbs planted in 2nd week of December 2015, first bloom today. in last image right side tiny red spot at top edge means B Grad bulb were imported.
Attachments
Height is sufficient
Height is sufficient
P1012158.jpg
Right side tiny red spot edge means B Grad bulb imported.
Right side tiny red spot edge means B Grad bulb imported.
asimPK

Post by asimPK »

Arif Sb.
I grow easter lilies from 30 years in different lands (both sandy and clay) and never dug up the bulbs unless crowded and dug up to size grade and replant during late July to August. In 2003-04 experiment conducted to chill them and first lot of 100 bulbs planted in 2005-06.Onward increased quantity gradually. From 2012-13 I treating 100% chilling bulb to stable cut flower supply throughout the winter.
Successful experience without study is luck. We may not grow new lilium cultivates that are highly hybridized to flower flash only and have poor inherited bulb replenishment characteristics in nature. That is the way marketing tend to retain customers.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

@asimPK. tulip planted in second week of December and flowering within 6 weeks is unbelievable. That much time is usually taken by roots development let alone for flowering. You chilled them before planting?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

asimPK wrote:Arif Sb.
I grow easter lilies from 30 years in different lands (both sandy and clay) and never dug up the bulbs unless crowded and dug up to size grade and replant during late July to August. In 2003-04 experiment conducted to chill them and first lot of 100 bulbs planted in 2005-06.Onward increased quantity gradually. From 2012-13 I treating 100% chilling bulb to stable cut flower supply throughout the winter.
Successful experience without study is luck. We may not grow new lilium cultivates that are highly hybridized to flower flash only and have poor inherited bulb replenishment characteristics in nature. That is the way marketing tend to retain customers.
I am sure besides Easter Lily there must be other cultivars which can be commercially grown only we will have to find out the hard way.
asimPK

Post by asimPK »

khabbab sb.
Planting time is confirmed as I also mention in blog 2015/16. I never chilled the bulb as I was already late. It also took about two weeks to emerge. It is my first experience with tulips in this winter. Another tulip also is near to bloom and looks double flower. It has also tiny offset emerged with small flower bud beside.
I cut the flower to encourage the bulb development and I also dug the upper soil carefully to see the bulb size which found greater than the original planted. It also found with bullets around the mother bulb. I think next 6 weeks are most favorable for bulb development and if bulb not emerged again and became dormant in time then dry size will conclude the result. If the result is satisfactory, I have a clear strategic plan to bloom challenging liliums and tulips next year.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”