Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Sweet Violet (Viola Odorata)

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@Mikhurran. No chance.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

What is the difficulty level of this plant for lahore, mikhurram? easy , intermediate or difficult?

There is a common violet plant available in lahore known as viola, i remember it at lahore nusery and it is a perennial but not sure if it is odorata or something else.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

I need this plant for my one of the kayaris which doesn't get much of sun. I am not that lucky as Farhan. Farhan, could you please reserve one for me?
Javed Ashraf.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by khabbab »

What is the difficulty level of this plant for lahore, mikhurram? easy , intermediate or difficult?

There is a common violet plant available in lahore known as viola, i remember it at lahore nusery and it is a perennial but not sure if it is odorata or something else.
It can be easy to grow provided that the conditions for growing described in the first page are met and difficult if the conditions required are not met. Not familiar with the violet plant at Lahore nursery as it been quite a while since i last visited that place.
by jdashraf »
I need this plant for my one of the kayaris which doesn't get much of sun. I am not that lucky as Farhan. Farhan, could you please reserve one for me?
I would suggest growing this plant in a pot first and later after it has multiplied then divide and consider placing it a soil bed but again the this plant is very particular about soil having richness, good drainage and a shaded portion having little sunshine preferably not the afternoon sun, and roots of this plant prefer moisture.
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

mikhurram wrote:
by khabbab »

It can be easy to grow provided that the conditions for growing described in the first page are met and difficult if the conditions required are not met. Not familiar with the violet plant at Lahore nursery as it been quite a while since i last visited that place.
by jdashraf »
I would suggest growing this plant in a pot first and later after it has multiplied then divide and consider placing it a soil bed but again the this plant is very particular about soil having richness, good drainage and a shaded portion having little sunshine preferably not the afternoon sun, and roots of this plant prefer moisture.
Point Noted. I hope I get a plant or two, though.
Javed Ashraf.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

reserved. will bring it along when visiting Pindi
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:reserved. will bring it along when visiting Pindi
Thx Farhan, have PM you my cell num.
Javed Ashraf.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”