A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Roses in Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I love Zephrine Drouhin and it is actually flowering in my lawn right now. You can see in the pics I uploaded. It is however mostly a once bloomer. I am still waiting on the Teasing Georgia to bloom. Never got to buy the Heritage but I have acquired Huntington which also pink and supposedly more heat tolerant. 4th of July is a striped climber I believe but is single flower but I've been considering it. Umar Khan saheb has it blooming well. Pleasure to have another rose aficionado on the forum :)
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

The fragrance of Zephrine Drouhin is supposed to be lengendary as it is an old classic. Was it acquired from Haji Ibrahim?
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

@mikhurram you have a great collection of roses. All at full of flowers. Thank you for describing the ids.
Please to see such roses in lahore environment, as some of them are looking 1 year plus.
Rafique
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Mr. Rafique i sincerely hope that you find the ID's useful. These are two year old roses. There are countless others i was unable to post like Augusta Luise. I may post them next week. with best wishes
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I got Zephrine Drouhin from an overseas visit. Got Augusta Louise from a local ModelTown nursery for Rs 50 :)
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Dr sb i have deep secret, valencia, rouj royal, about face, bue river, medas touch,hot cocoa, red edin , elina, dr darly, compasion, tendy saint, nehama, jeof himelton, blue for you and rachal(some others with unknown tags or ids) from patoki. Most of the well know are there at Patoki. From
few nurseries(Changa,dr, tekedar......mentioned by Umar khan and you last year thread of my query would be there on forum)at the average cost of 60-70.
Sir very first true blue Applause (Suntory Flowers Limited Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) would be available in this season too.
Rafique
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Rafique sb from where can i get Deep Secret its really i beauty i am looking for.I have secret but Deep Secret.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Rafique saheb Applause appears to be another purple rose with a faintly blue hue just like Blue For You. A true blue rose has been a struggle for rose hybridizes for years and the challenge continues.

Umar Khan saheb, Deep Secret was available at Changa this year. I have it and it is beautiful dark crimson red and extremely fragrant.
dragoonsers
City: Karachi

Post by dragoonsers »

Beautiful roses!! I too love D.A roses! My favourite till now has been sharifa asma!
aykhan wrote:I planted NAHEMA recently. Not yet flowered. How fragrant is the bloom when you compare to Double Delight?
The fragrance is not comparable. Double delight has a rosy smell. Nahema, when I smelled it, I didn't wanna take my nose out! It has a unique scent; There is a perfume based on this rose too ;)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Probably mites on Nehema.....kindly check underneath leaves

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”