Cut Flower Chrysanthemums

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Re: Cut Flower Chrysanthemums

Post by mikhurram »

A substancial number of varieties were the among the casualties caused by the monsoon rains despite having planted them in a raised bed. The green varieties ought to be OK. Tags got lost and some varieties currently have buds in them and hopefully should flower within 2 weeks.

I will only know for for sure which varieties survived once they flower.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

ohh sorry to know about the loss... hope the survivors bloom well...
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

I forget to add that the green pompoon variety is a fairly robust varietiy. Tends to produce a lot of suckers which can be separated around July/August. Managed to get 8 suckers from the mother plant this year during the Monsoons which ended up being distributed.
omerkhalid
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Post by omerkhalid »

Well please keep me in mind next time you have some of these varieties to distribute, i will surely post my mums if any of them attract your interest we can have an exchange :)
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Sure why not. First i have to see which varieties were able to survive.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

The first of the cut variety to bloom. Flower size is small approximately 3 cm though the image gives the impression that the size is much larger.

omerkhalid
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Post by omerkhalid »

wow its an eye catcher :)

The amusing thing is that the first mums that are currently blooming in my pots are almost the same colour, maybe they are same variety :), waiting for more uploads sir.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

A close up of the burgundy Chrysanthemums. The photos give the impression that flower size is big but is quite minuscule in reality around 2 cm. This variety was propogated through cuttings.

rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Chrysanthemums has great attraction indeed. Really love these plants for their beautify, color and flower texture ranges.
Last picture so beautiful and Nicely captured too.
Thanks for sharing.
Rafique
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

The best thing about Chrysanthemums is that they tend to bloom (these days) when other spring annuals are gearing up for their display in December. Only Marigolds are an exception among the annuals whose beauty/splendour in full display can be enjoyed at this time.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”