What did u buy today and how much did you pay for it

Gardening Information sources and Gardening Product outlets.

Moderator: Izhar

S.Ahmed
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

What did u buy today and how much did you pay for it

Post by S.Ahmed »

Purpose of this topic:
Members should post what garden related item they're buying and how much they are paying for it like new plants or tools etc,its always interesting to compare see what others are buying & how much they are paying for it.

--
Let me start myself by posting what I bought.

Well not exactly today but during past week I bought these clay pots.

40 of these pots @ Rs 50 per pot(I have colored half of them red while I plan to color half of them white)
Have planted croton in these pots which I bought from nursery for Rs 35 per small pot.

2 of these Large pots @ Rs 400 and 4 of the smaller pots which i coloured red @ Rs 300 per pot.I think I might have gotten these for Rs 50 less had I haggled little bit more.Large pots with just white Primer coat,still undecided about final color or plant that I'll be planting in them.Bought 4 of those pink hibiscus plants that I planted in smaller pot for Rs 80 each.

Bought 4 of these in two different design @ Rs 250 each.Have applied a coat of Primer on it and am still undecided on how and what colour should I paint it with. Will create a separate topic seeking advice and guidance from learned members here who might have experience with colouring such pot.

Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: What did u buy today and how much did you pay for it

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Ahmed sb. nice purchase I got bit bigger sized pot(in the first picture) for Rs. 60 each. And the pot which is in between two red pots in the second picture for Rs.8 each. For the last pot I will suggest to paint it with a lighter color if you are planing to plant a sun loving plant in it and if you are keeping in it a shade plant then you can paint a darker color.
riaz
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

Rates at New Karachi's Kumhar-wara is surprisingly low, you can also request export-quality pots which are more beautiful and strong as compare to these pots.
Riaz
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

What is the actual size of pots in inches, the price is normally related to size, the named size is usually not the actual size (unfortunately).
Except for looks any other reason for painting them?
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Very good idea and thread, Ahmed Sb. I request all to share details about purchases made related to plants and gardening tools..
Javed Ashraf.
SaqibRasheed
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Red Rose!

Post by SaqibRasheed »

That is very nice but i agree to jdashraf that everyone should share the details like price, and use and size
riaz
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

riaz wrote:Rates at New Karachi's Kumhar-wara is surprisingly low, you can also request export-quality pots which are more beautiful and strong as compare to these pots.
Location for Kumharwara New Karachi (attached image):

For detailed locations and get directions from following google maps link:

Google Maps Link: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Power+Ho ... 84543&z=14

For reference I have highlighted main locations by Circles, Arrows, and Blue boxes with Grey and Black text in the following attached image.
Attachments
Location of The Potter's barn (Kumhar Wara) at New Karachi.
Location of The Potter's barn (Kumhar Wara) at New Karachi.
Riaz

Return to “Gardening Resources”