Spring-2014-Updates

Rose Lover from Lahore

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Spring-2014-Updates

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Remarkable selection, very well organised and good utilisation of space.
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Beautiful neat and green garden but green rose has stolen this show.
Kaleem
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

simply beautiful, looking stunning thanks for sharing
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Superb Superb Garden. Sooooo Much beautiful green rose!
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Thank you sir Arif, Farhan Bhai, @Hammad K, @Hammad,Umar Bhai, Kaleem sb and Dear Mustansir for your precious remarks and appreciations.

@Hammad K

Yes, its super green rose as stated by Umar Bhai.
Farhan Ahmed wrote:Rafique Bhai Chaaa gae hain :-)
Your cilvia is already on bloom :-)?
and the green rose is awesome.
Rafique bhai i want some roses now :-), your choice of selection
1. Orange clivia was having few buds when purchased but its recovered and bloomed amazingly after planting. I am also astonished. :), While red one is quite small and growing slowly.

2. Your roses are reserved with me and will be deliver soon when ever get some means to transport the pots, as this year i :) purchased roses varities mostly in two numbers and all are in pots (shortage of space and reasons are two- 1- Roses 2- Farhan). I dont want to get them out from pot as gachi to transport at this time because of high temperature.
Farhan Ahmed wrote:how would you rate ageratum?
Really interesting question because these days there is a good discussion between me and my mother. She says its a wild flower and growing every where in wilds. :) . I am trying to convince her that actually most of plant and flowers a wild and depends on the regions and then many are hybridized and improved.
But she is not convince yet.

Incidently I met Khabbab few days back and his words about ageratum were also interesting. He said once he demanded this plant from nursery man and on that nursery man replied its abundantly found in grave yards. Flowers of cemetery :P

Here are the images of both wild and garden plant, lets see what would be real difference between two.

Wild

Garden Flowers
Flowers are not fully developed, lets see what shape they acquire.

Thanks
Rafique
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Frankly speaking i never liked Ageratum. I don,t understand whats special about this annual but after all Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But i don,t like it.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

:) Rafique bhai, ap to chaa gaye ...amazing display lovely greenish rose, is it the natural colour or effect of the light ?
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Lovely garden... Rafique, i request you to kindly tag your roses...

Ageratum proved to me a great border plant and a real bee magnet, the blooms were abundant and the overall plant was compact..

Put your Clivias in shade, direct sunlight will burn them for sure...

Your recommendation for roses in ground?? regarding use of specific fertilizers and sprays
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Thank you @Tahir. Color is orignal no light effects, we can compare it with neighbouring leaves and stems.
Thank you Izhar Bhai.
Will tag the roses soon Insha-Allah, just need some time, will separate the rose images of single bloom and plant then upload it in new thread.
Yes you are right about ageratum, they are very good for medium to low height back borders, but dark colors would better than lighter shades. Bees attraction is a plus point, I was not aware of this fact. Thank you for information .
Clivia is currently at place where he is getting only morning sun these days, will shift him full shade immediately. This point was already indicated Farhan Bhai in some post I just for get it.

If it could be possible then I would keep all my roses in ground. As per my little exposure I can suggest following must be in ground to get maximum joy.
!. Double Delight-------------Fragrance and Beauty.
2.Hot Cocoa---------------- Great Smoky orange color.
3.Valencia---------------Color, size and of course scent.
4.Rouj Royal----------crimson red color, compact flower with great number of fragrant petals.
5.Jude the Obscure--------
6.Red Edin
7.Blue River ---------lavender+fragrance.
8.Fragrant plum---------- lavender+fragrance
9.Velvet Fragrance--------
10.Liv taylor-----------------
11-About face

They above all performed well for me over a complete year.
Izhar Bhai Roses are the kind of plants which require care initially. Once they are established then require little care. Few suggestions are as under.

1. Initially I started fortnightly spray of0mixture of (confidor-5ml +NPK202020 tb spoon+1tb fungicide) in 5 liters. It was hectic and I left it soon.
2. Then I adopted symptomatic approach. Ie used Oberon for spites mites or confidor for others pests with npk foliar when ever observed pest/mites. it worked very well and I got relief too.
3. I am using regular fungicide fortnightly only in monsoon for Karachi it may be little more.
4. Sprinkle of SSP+Nitrophos. (approximate on average 1tb SSP and ½ tb Nitrophos fortnightly per plant), you can start with lighter doses else its quite safe. This dose not only give food to plants but also balance/adjust the ph of soil.
5. I tried my best to keep the roses moist through out summer to avoid drought shock by daily watering. Most of our plant suffer water shortage in our climate and then they take time to recover, so avoid this make them happy and healthy.
6. Avoid water logging in monsoon rains.
7. Give them good shower in hot days in early morning ,they would enjoy it.
8. Well drained soil as required for most of the plants.
Hope this would help a lot Insha-Allah.

Best Regards and Best of Luck.
Rafique
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Rafique sb. this indeed very helpful tips. I am still where to get Oberon or any other miticide as I have tried to find it but could not. If some one from Karachi know where I can find it please let me know.

Return to “Rafique's Garden”