Birth day gardening resolution

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Birth day gardening resolution

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Today on my birth day I have decided to make Gardening more pleasure able with least worries/headache.
My garden is for my pleasure and not a Botanical garden nor a show case for others.
I am NOT a collector. I will keep and grow ONLY plants that I love, plant that look happy in Lahore climate.
No more addition of I also have it plants. The current ones can stay if they survive without special care.
A plant must earn and justify its space in my garden.

BE VERY SELECTIVE AND PRODUCE BEST RESULTS

Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Birth day gardening resolution

Post by Munir »

Happy birthday sir. May you go past at least a century,in good health,happiness,an ever alert mind & in the company of all your family & the garden(s). Keep enjoying & drawing utmost pleasure from the best in life, including gardening & golf-your passions.
Allah bless you!
Rohail Asad
City: Wah-Cantt
Gardening Interests: I have interest in flowering plants(both annuals and perennials)

Post by Rohail Asad »

May u live as long as u wish .Happy birthday sir
isaeed
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: ornamental trees and shrubs,vines.bulbs,flowers

Post by isaeed »

Many happy returns of the day.Please do not make any resolutions that precludes experimentation and any effort to try new plants and techniques that you can share with the gardening fraternity.Its always a pleasure to read your posts ,enjoy your blooms and benefit from your advice and discussions.
regards
Irfan Saeed
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

Munir wrote:Happy birthday sir. May you go past at least a century,in good health,happiness,an ever alert mind & in the company of all your family & the garden(s). Keep enjoying & drawing utmost pleasure from the best in life, including gardening & golf-your passions.
Allah bless you!
and i will add just ""Happy Birthday""
Attachments
3579.gif
3579.gif (42.83 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Happy Birthday Sir :)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Rohail Asad wrote:May u live as long as u wish .Happy birthday sir
A very unique wish. I wonder if there comes a time when one stops wishing to live furthermore. I think maybe it does, and it happens with age, when one has little strength or awe of the world for he has spent long. But understandably youngsters can't fathom this concept :-) for the entire world is in-front of them to explore and they have power in their muscles keeping them restless.

Same wish applies to gardening as well....when you are young you wish for more and more and when you are old, ragged and experienced you are contended with what you have had.

@Sir Arif. It appears as if you are troubled by "i have it" or botanical gardeners. Don't be....i would narrate a simple story

The Burden

Two monks were returning to the monastery in the evening. It had rained and there were puddles of water on the road sides. At one place a beautiful young woman was standing unable to walk across because of a puddle of water. The elder of the two monks went up to a her lifted her and left her on the other side of the road, and continued his way to the monastery.
In the evening the younger monk came to the elder monk and said, "Sir, as monks, we cannot touch a woman ?"
The elder monk answered "yes, brother".
Then the younger monk asks again, "but then Sir, how is that you lifted that woman on the roadside ?"
The elder monk smiled at him and told him " I left her on the other side of the road, but you are still carrying her."

Sir i think constant reminders from you are indicative that you are still carrying the Botanical gardener approach on your shoulders :-), DROP IT IF YOU MUST AND IF YOU HAVE DECIDED.

Regards
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Sir,
I wish you good health and happiness.
Time really flies as one starts to ponder over the years that have gone by. I have touched 40 the old age of youth yet university or college days around 2 decades ago still at times seem like yesteryears. Nostalgia tends to set in.

Finally at the end, "It matters not how long we live but how."

I am now more selective and acquire plants that relatively require less fuss and care based on "survival of the fittest" theme.

regards,
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

Happy Birthday Brig. sb
sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

Happy Birthday Sir,
May the health of u & ur garden always remain Lush Green. You find more peace and pleasure out of ur garden n ur passion.

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”