Summer 2013 story....

Enjoy our Senior Member's Beautiful Blooms!

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Summer 2013 story....

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Dr sb i don,t like single flowered Hibiscus any more.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Khan Saheb it's like saying I don't like Bhindi or Mangoes!!! :lol:
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

aykhan wrote:All are imported. None of them are grafted and they are not as aggressive as the parent rosa-sinensis. Two bushes seemed reasonably sized to take cuttings but they all failed. Will be more vigilant next year since these hybrids are very difficult to root.
Dr. sb. If possible can you try your hand on grafting these on H. rosa-sinensis root stock? as what i have read that they are very less tolerant of soil borne diseases..
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Izhar I have thought about this. However, most bushes have disease for which I am finally spraying now and also to get a thicker stem I will have to go too far down and the bushes are small so the plant will look bad. It is something I have been contemplating for next year. Hopefully I can stay on top of things this time and make sure they are regulatory watered, fertilized and sprayed.

What I have learned from the available help is to make things easy for them (and myself). Like group plants with similar needs. So all hibiscus in one or two areas and same of roses and daylily and gardenias. So a watering and fertilizing and spraying regimen can be appointed for an area. Still this is difficult especially since I am away so often. As of right now I am personally doing all fertilizing and spraying myself for fear that Mali will kill my small plants. The water department has been with the Mali and just with this I have lost several plants from either under or over watering!
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The water department has been with the Mali and just with this I have lost several plants from either under or over watering!

It is my biggest problem, Any suggestions?
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

It is the problem everywhere " her taraf hae aag braber lagi hoe"(aag ignited by water). It particularly happens in case of potted plants,more so when soil top is covered by marble 'chips'/pebbles.The only answer I found is to water outside routine- a set interval,only once the leaves start to sag.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ha ha ha Dr sb Okra & Mangoes are my favorite! But yes i really love the Double Hibiscus.The cooper double is so pretty. But one thing it does not mean that the others are bad.I have uprooted all the singles this year.Now i have Double Yellow,D light red, D red, D. pink, D.rose, D. copper, D copper red eye & D. White.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Sirji pictures of all your doubles please!
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I,l post soon. Actually i walk through the garden when ever some thing please me i capture it & post it. Thats why if you have noted some times the pictures are of poor quality due ti insufficient light.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

ImageImage

Gardenia nitida

Return to “Dr Amer's Exotic Garden”