Make your Own Fertilizer

Discussions on fertilizers, Plant Food and Composts Etc

Moderator: Izhar

ka_khan
City: peshawar

Make your Own Fertilizer

Post by ka_khan »

Was searching about liquid fertilizers which we can easily make and came out with these two links.If any one is making,kindly share his experience.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4988098_liquid- ... lants.html

http://www.gardenguides.com/112155-make ... lizer.html
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Make your Own Fertilizer

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Your own urine and excreta works even better.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Arif sb, I feel that the above remark was uncalled for :-(
ka_khan

Post by ka_khan »

Arif Sahib is right.Everybody has his own experience.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

M Farooq wrote:Arif sb, I feel that the above remark was uncalled for :-(
Farooq, I am serious.
When The Silk rout was being built by the Chinese I visited their camp and was surprised to see their vegetable garden, All vegetables were of very high quality, Even our officers attached with them were enjoying fruit of their labour.
What they had done was, clearing the ground putting sandy soil from the river bank.
Human excreta and urine of the camp was collected in big tanks, and after anaerobic digestion over some time it was used diluted with every watering, NO there was no foul smell.
Don’t forget the fields are the latrines of most of our villagers even now and not without a good reason.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I second Sir Arif, Urine is an excellent source of Urea. That is why it was encouraged in villages. Though sound little unethical but its a reality of which we shouldn't be shy of.
ka_khan

Post by ka_khan »

The farm yard manure is nothing but the excreta and urine of animals.I know a farmer who uses drain water of Baths from adjacent housing colony and its vegetables are one of the best.
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
M Farooq wrote:Arif sb, I feel that the above remark was uncalled for :-(
Farooq, I am serious.
When The Silk rout was being built by the Chinese I visited their camp and was surprised to see their vegetable garden, All vegetables were of very high quality, Even our officers attached with them were enjoying fruit of their labour.
What they had done was, clearing the ground putting sandy soil from the river bank.
Human excreta and urine of the camp was collected in big tanks, and after anaerobic digestion over some time it was used diluted with every watering, NO there was no foul smell.
Don’t forget the fields are the latrines of most of our villagers even now and not without a good reason.
I totally agree. We have had similar trial based experiments for the Karachi University gardens using "gutter ka paani". The results were excellent. Lush green vegetables. Okay, here is an interesting dirty but a real story since we are talking about science now. A German, in an effort to find a magic material that will convert everything into gold...collected his urine for a long time in the 16th century. When he collected huge volumes, he heated the liquid at a very high temperature and got a white solid. The resulting white solid started to glow blue in the dark. That "secret" was sold to another person and that glow-in-the-dark solid roamed around Europe. It was thought he had discovered a magic material that will convert everything into gold but it turned out to be gardener's favourite element- phosphorus. Curiosity, madness and greed have a thin line :-)

Thanks for the clarification, I felt the original poster was offended because there was no follow up.
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

Here are two links-

Using human waste carries great health risks if untreated and used "directly". Gutter ka pani must be treated.

And another interesting study about the value/potential of human waste!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... waste.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/24/from-crap ... s-3895146/
ka_khan

Post by ka_khan »

M Farooq wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, I felt the original poster was offended because there was no follow up.
Thanks a lot Farooq for your concern :)
Actually forums are run and are successful when you share your, as well collected information at one spot.Sometimes the juniors and new comers feel like they are neglected and ignored,thats the point when you loose members.I Have been active on many forums and also managing as Senior Moderator one of the first and best Gun sites of Pakistan i know how the ball could be kept rolling :)

Return to “Fertilizers”