my garden 2016

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

hassanqureshi
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: roses , annuals and prenniels .....................

my garden 2016

Post by hassanqureshi »

i have been doing gardening from past many years but that only consists of buying paniris of common annuals from the nurseries and growing them.
In doing so i have discovered a passion that i don't know i have . This year i try to imitate a cottage style into our own Pakistani small garden style and i can just hope it turns out to be good. my cats put up a challenge for me but in the end humans do more damage then poor cats . my love for tall perennials develops from seeing farhan bhai garden and many many online fiends help me a lot .
Attachments
with zonal pelargonium(that we wrongly call geranium) and bajri line
with zonal pelargonium(that we wrongly call geranium) and bajri line
a bed of foxgloves , going nicely
a bed of foxgloves , going nicely
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: my garden 2016

Post by Izhar »

Your foxgloves are growing nicely but are overcrowded you should feed them with liquid NPK for better blooming... kindly relocate your zonal pelargoniums, otherwise they may not grow well due foxgloves..
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

this is sort of a shade border getting early morning sun . namesia is just planted in the background kiyari under palms but i think it needs care transplanting and mali transplant it very brutally . but thanks Allah i have spare seedling for pots would plant them in dead seedling . but there is another setback i think namesia required full sun :(
p.s i can only transplant 3 pics at a time .
Attachments
WP_20160107_011.jpg
primroses are first to bloom , i love to refer to them as primroses then primulas
primroses are first to bloom , i love to refer to them as primroses then primulas
aqalegias in the background , and primulas in the front .
aqalegias in the background , and primulas in the front .
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

some more progress .
Attachments
poppies getting ready
poppies getting ready
dutch iris coming through , named verities this are the only bulbs i get my hands because i am a bit late . there pot is just getting ready
dutch iris coming through , named verities this are the only bulbs i get my hands because i am a bit late . there pot is just getting ready
a bed of godetia , i wonder i have planted them too far or they would fill out .
a bed of godetia , i wonder i have planted them too far or they would fill out .
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

i have found primulas malacoides too which i want to try , the nursery man said it is with big flowers the malacoides lets see.
ranunculus and carnations are waiting for their pots . inshallah they would be transplanted this week
Attachments
english daisy is a weed in u.k . here he sold me in cups .
english daisy is a weed in u.k . here he sold me in cups .
this is a mistake , i thought it was like shasta daisy but it is english daisy flowers are very small and planted between namesia and mimulas , i am thinking of transplanting them but no place .
this is a mistake , i thought it was like shasta daisy but it is english daisy flowers are very small and planted between namesia and mimulas , i am thinking of transplanting them but no place .
narcissus saved by cats yet.
narcissus saved by cats yet.
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

gladiolas are staked today , i am thinking of placing peony poppies in between but lets see .
Attachments
gladiolas . they are cats favourite but for my sake they have left them for now, they have played with them to their hearts fill .
gladiolas . they are cats favourite but for my sake they have left them for now, they have played with them to their hearts fill .
hydrengeas .
hydrengeas .
fushias , if i am successful , they can be treated as annuals , people do it in lahore but this is my first time.
fushias , if i am successful , they can be treated as annuals , people do it in lahore but this is my first time.
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Cottage style gardens are my favorite too. Looking forward to your blooms. Which city are you located in? Did you buy paneeris for your foxgloves or growing them from seeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

there are double hollies (drawf or tall) i don't know , chanandin himself don't know . and larkspur on the left bed , they are very tiny but are destroyed by plastic sheet that fall on them so placed them in ground , going fine now . the outer bed i didnt take pics is filled with double petunia and nasturtium. i wonder why people don't grow double petunias as much as common one , is it not good ?
Attachments
WP_20151020_002.jpg
last year pic , it has doubled in size despite cutting so harshly , wating for February
last year pic , it has doubled in size despite cutting so harshly , wating for February
ranunculus .
ranunculus .
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

Shazia Khurram wrote:Cottage style gardens are my favorite too. Looking forward to your blooms. Which city are you located in? Did you buy paneeris for your foxgloves or growing them from seeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i am from lahore , i bought foxgloves from nurseries in cups but i have grown about half the things myself , like namesia , mimulas , double petunia , larkspur etc . but i have not tried foxgloves from seeds , may be they are easy from seeds or not i dont know because i have not tried them . :)
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

Izhar wrote:Your foxgloves are growing nicely but are overcrowded you should feed them with liquid NPK for better blooming... kindly relocate your zonal pelargoniums, otherwise they may not grow well due foxgloves..
bro no space left , i guess the pealrgoniums should be place little more away from foxgloves , the bed can be extended from the front . lets see.
the thing is i feed them with npk and dap . and spray npk 20-20-20 with added nutrients a week later . urea killed all my ranunculus last year so i am so afraid i have not let my mali give it in initial stages to plants .

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”