Lisbon Lemon

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

yawer
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Fruit Trees

Re: Lisbon Lemon

Post by yawer »

Tarnab is few kms short of Peshawar on GT road. If going by motoway, then turn back to Islamabad and on both sides of road you would find several nurseries. There is Agricultural research institute too who gives various varieties to these nurseries too. I shall be getting few Pecan Nut trees in a weeks time from there.

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk
Yawer
yawer

Post by yawer »

Sorry for.my late reply as i have a busy schedule due to my nature of job. I haven't seen any dwarf varieties yet at NARC.

Yawer
yawer

Post by yawer »

Me and my wife both are fond of plants, this is something natural. We just like plantation and like forests and have natural trait for hilly areas, and that's why we selected the most undulating piece of land instead of plain.

Getting fruits would be a secondary byproduct of these trees in few years of course.

Yawer
yawer

Post by yawer »

Forgot to mention that also planted two trees of Alocha beauty.
Also trying to grow laukat and quince on.same graft as laukat is grafted on quince. Have left both to grow, and others cut down the quince to keep the laukat.

You may 2 or 4 trees from same trunk giving fruits at Dr Iftikhar nursery.

So kind of agree with Talha sb, just a joy of seeing plants growing and flowering and then fruiting :-)

Yawer
yawer

Post by yawer »

And also we have decided that after retirement from job, this is the best and most healthy way to pass the time and so plan to construct a living area too, there in few years

Yawer
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

" For Munir sb., I have planted several varieties last February, to be brief - Red oranges, Kino, Grapefruit, Peaches (early grand), Laukat (Japanese), Pears, Plums (centa rosa, fazle-manani), Apricots, Apples (anna & golden dorset), Percimmon, sweet orange, fruiters, Pecan Nut, Olives, Shakri orange, Moro orange, Pomegranate, Almonds (2 varieties), Black & White Mulberries, Quince, Grapes (about 10+ varieties), Guava (local and Thai red), Cheeko, Jamun, Avacados, Falsa, FigI hope didn't forget something to mention. "

Wow. Yawer Sb, what a wonderful collection you have in your Garden of almost all fruit trees & their varieties, which can be possibly grown here. A commendable effort indeed.However, I would suggest addition of Sangtara , Nectarine (a combination/cross of Peach & Plum), Papaya, Litchi & an odd Mango tree ie,Sensation if you like. I have all of these, the first three already fruiting successfully.

" Munir sb, if you are in Islamabad, then I would be happy to invite you to have a visit with me on weekend and then you can have a better idea of varieties."

Certainly, I'll love to visit- will coordinate.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

talha.bin.ayub wrote:Yawed Sb did u find miniature (4-6ft) fruit tree varieties at NARC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, they don't have, nor have so far worked on dwarf varieties.However, all smaller size fruit trees can easily be grown in large sized pots; their growth in pots would be lesser in speed as well as in size & of course in yield, compared to ground. Moreover, their size can be kept in check up-to a manageable/convenient height of a dwarf variety,by way of pruning & training.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

[quote="yawer"]Me and my wife both are fond of plants, this is something natural. We just like plantation and like forests and have natural trait for hilly areas, and that's why we selected the most undulating piece of land instead of plain.

Getting fruits would be a secondary byproduct of these trees in few years of course.

About 45Kanals of Barani Undulating land having hundreds of you name it , I have it, large and small fruit trees fed by Solar pumps and tubing,A farm house, domesticated birds,animals and all types of year around blooming flowers in wilderness. What more can I dream of.
Wishing you best of luck
Arif
yawer

Post by yawer »

Yes exactly, so nice summarization:-)

Yawer
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Nice thread. Stuff of dreams:)
Why not post detailed pictures yawer Sb? It ll be a great asset to anyone searching for fruiting plants online in Pak. And we can see it grow in pics in times if Allah wills it.
Munir Sb u have years old posts on fruit plants but no pics. Plz share pictures of all the plants u have. I m sure it ll make our day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”