Need to start gardening

Help on posting on Forum. Suggestions & Feedback
Know about important happenings on Forum & Gardening World

Moderator: Izhar

samikakar78
City: chaman
Gardening Interests: i love gardening and spend my free time doing it.

Need to start gardening

Post by samikakar78 »

hi all. i am sami and i am here to learn. by learning i mean i do not know anything about gardening but i would like to grow like pros one day.so here are my questions.
1.i want to take my start by establishing a small 10x10 lawn or same size vegetable plot. can i beginner like me do it?
2.how can i assess the quality of soil?
3.i live in a remote area situated on Afghan border in Baluchistan. we have extreme winter with decreasing mercury down to -13 and crouching hot summer with mercury as high as 45.what should i grow?
4.when should i start planting seeds or prepare for potential gardening (remember the seasonal significance)?
5.what tools do i need?
6.will i be in need of assistance from someone professional or i can start anyway?
7. for starters, what should i start growing in this Feb,2015?
Thank You
Sami Kakar
aqeeel
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Flowers, Fruits and Vegetables

Re: Need to start gardening

Post by aqeeel »

AOA dear Sami,

I hope this message finds you in best of your health. My dad and I started building a roof top garden. Though we are not professional but my dad and I do gardening for fun and relaxation. We learned a lot in recent days, thanks to nursery guys and internet.

We planted grapes, lemons, strawberry, tomato, okra (bhindi), eggplant (bangan), spanich, chukandar, moli and many more. And results are very good. We even had fruit from out rooftop grapes as well.

For calender you may refer to this link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=793. I am using the same calender.

As fr as the earth you need, I am not sure the climate from there! If you could post some pictures of your lawn that will be helpful. I am using Bhal from the canal. You may see the projects I have done on http://aqeelarshadsiddiqui.wordpress.com

Stay In touch!
Aqeel.
aqeeel
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Flowers, Fruits and Vegetables

Re: Need to start gardening

Post by aqeeel »

Yesterday I planted Okra (Bhindi) and Bitter Gourd (Ka-ray-la). Both from seeds not baby plants. I'll try to share photos as they come out! We are also planning for Cucumber as well but have small problem about place to plat them ...

What have you planted!?
Aakiani
City: LAHORE
Gardening Interests: Growing Gladiolus Flowers

Gladiolus Bulbs

Post by Aakiani »

Dear FRIENDS I have gladiolus bulbs nearly 40k these are enough for one acr if some body wamt to start growing these bulbs i can provide these bulbs plus land and accomodation for labour on partnership basis if somebody intrested contact me skyp id husnain.ahmad40 or whatsup 00971507190545 I will provide land near Sohawa 1.5 hr drive from Rawpindi
Regards Arshad Kiani

Return to “Forum Announcements, Help, Gardening News & Events”