Know about important happenings on Forum & Gardening World

Moderator: Izhar

AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Attention all forum members

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Thats a good idea Khabab, adnan can you help me get some chrysanthum plants from PHA nursery in johar town i am willing to pay for them, sorry for deviating from the topic bt i just love chrysanthums and i cant find any good plants from anywhere in lahore.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Acquiring a stall at the exhibition shudn't be a problem.Let mw know when you are ready.Will talk to the people at PHA, they have offered me to display my plants many times.

Ahmad Irfan, I am looking forward to importing chrysanthemum.Hopefully I'll have many varieties in January.I am looking for plants which dnt require support.If I couldn't get them from abroad, I'll get them for you from PHA
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

My suggestion in this regard will be to arrange the stall at any one location (it can be Lahore or Karachi, this is not an issue) and estimate the response.. there will be many many new things we would learn and understand the modus operandi..
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Izhar wrote:My suggestion in this regard will be to arrange the stall at any one location (it can be Lahore or Karachi, this is not an issue) and estimate the response.. there will be many many new things we would learn and understand the modus operandi..
True. But what will be there on the stall? :)

Any reply from HSP?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I didn't contacted them again .. need help to write a profile of our forum and our intent to participate .. I am currently busy in my exams which will end by mid January 2012... another suggested feature will be making forum accounts of the visitors by taking their details on a tabulated form & emailing them the account details afterward..

There could be handbills for how to care for common seasonal plants/vegetables.. like petunias, pansies, roses, tomatoes etc etc
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Izhar wrote:I didn't contacted them again .. need help to write a profile of our forum and our intent to participate .. I am currently busy in my exams which will end by mid January 2012... another suggested feature will be making forum accounts of the visitors by taking their details on a tabulated form & emailing them the account details afterward..

There could be handbills for how to care for common seasonal plants/vegetables.. like petunias, pansies, roses, tomatoes etc etc
I will send you a brief profile of forum as well as the intent to participate. Both the suggestions are good and easy t work on :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
PBGardener

Post by PBGardener »

Hello All,

Great Idea.

Just a thought...perhaps we could use the aegis of the forum to, spread some social message as well:

1. develop /inculcate the realization among people that gardening is not a rich mans hobby...its the need of the day. Specially vegetable gardening requires very little space and would help alleviate a lot of issues of our every day living. I keep on harping this message on a daily basis when people tell me "mehengai hogaiee hai". Self help should be the message.

2. Save the environment. Importance of trees. If you have to cut a tree. Please plant another one. (Especially in cities like Karachi). The importance of gardening / plants should start at a young age, perhaps we could think of starting some school programs or something. And plant trees that matter and not the trees that they have planted along the roadsides in Karachi (i am sorry i don't know the name but i don't like them).

PB
ahussain
City: Beach Park

Post by ahussain »

I am in. We need to start working on how to go national with this site. There should be a small membership fee.
ahussain

Post by ahussain »

We need to start by first voting for the President VP, Secretary, treasurer and so on. We can give free stuff to our new members. The fee should be small which can be raised later on to cover over expenses. A monthly newsletter is not a bad idea. We can make this club better then PHA, no offense to PHA. Lets make this a none profit organization. There has to chapters in each Pakistani city and a person in charge of everything in that chapter.

Is there anyone in Lahore who can give me his information so I can ask someone in Lahore to deliver the money. I do have a paypal account in the States.
Good Luck.
ahussain

Post by ahussain »

ASA KHABBAB,

Do you know Azhar Rehman, he is a private gardener in Lahore? He grows plants that no one has in Pakistan and has won many awards. I do not think he enters any more contests. You should meet him and check his collection. In summer he sends all his collections to Islamabad and Murree for storage.

Return to “Forum Announcements, Help, Gardening News & Events”