1. Macro Shot (Bulbs/Perennials & Annuals)
2. Wide Angle Shot/Panorama/Annual Border (Bulbs/Perennials/Annuals or overall garden look)
3. Container Gardening
Each category will have a winner and one honorary runner-up.
In essence,it is not photography competition but gardening competition which will be assessed on the basis of the photographs. If a photo shows good landscaping efforts and beautiful plants but photo itself is not very good then we will give weight to gardening effort. Photo has weight but gardening itself has more weight.
Entries into Competition will start on 1st February, 2013 and competition will be closed on 30 March, 2013. Winners will be announced on 9 April, 2013 on the 2nd anniversary of Forum.
Panel of Judges
Mr. Khabbab - Brig Muhammad Arif Khan - Mr. Izhar - Dr. Amir(Aykhan) - Mr. Farooq
All 5 judges will judge all the entries in seclusion(on a grade of 1-10) and the aggregate will be taken of all 5 judgements for choosing the best and runner up photograph for each category.
Mr. Mir Afzal Khan & Mr. Farhan
- The judges will select 2 finalists.
- One finalist in each category will win the title ‘Gardening Pakistan Best photograph of the Season in respective category and special surprise gift (Seed collections/T & M voucher/Bulbs/Plants) from the Team of Gardening Pakistan.
How to Enter
1. You must be a registered member of the forum to enter the competition( irrespective of joining date, however you must have 3 posts on the forum)
2. Entry into competition is free of charge.
3. Three Different threads will be created for each category. All interested members can participate in all three categories. Maximum three entries can be posted by one member in any one category.
4. Participating member must introduce himself/herself briefly as well as the plant in his post along with the picture.
1. Garden Pakistan photo competition of the season is open to all registered members except those involved in its organization. The organizers of the Competition are Gardening Pakistan Team and Judges.
2. By entering into the Competition you agree to abide by the rules.
3. Images can be uploaded to any source and shared on the topic, however for each entry/photograph one copy (raw image from your camera without any modification) of the prepared final image will be required to be sent to the email@example.com for verification of the image and avoid plagiarism.
5. No Photoshoping is allowed in anyway including light enhancement etc. Photoshoped images will be ruled out of the competition and warning will be issued to the member.
6. Only editing allowed for the image is cropping.
7. Images should be in JPEG format.
8. Decision of the judges will be final.
9. No responsibility can be taken by the organizers for images that are incorrectly submitted.
10. Photograph must have been taken during the dates of competition.
Changes To The Rules
We reserve the right to amend the Rules and if we do so, we will publish the amended version on the Forum. It is your responsibility to check regularly to make sure you are aware of any updated information.
Breach Of The Rules
Any breach of these Rules by you will void your entry.