Organic Fertiliser

Moderator: Izhar

M-YC
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Aquarium fishes & Aquatic plants

Organic Fertiliser

Post by M-YC »

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of using HEERA ORGANIC FERTILISER for my 20 gallon medium/heavy planted tank as an experiment. The product claims that its 100% natural & organic and contains all the macro/micro nutrients with added organic matter & trace elements. I will be mixing it with soil/clay substrate. I was wondering if any of you have experience with this product. Terrestrial gardeners are also welcome with their feedbacks.

Thanks
M-YC
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Organic Fertiliser

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

All organic fertilisers are absorbed as in-organic (to the best of my knowledge).
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Dear M-YC, What can be more natural and organic than ordinary manure? The term "organic" is merely a marketing gimmick esp. for fertilizers.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

M Farooq wrote:Dear M-YC, What can be more natural and organic than ordinary manure? The term "organic" is merely a marketing gimmick esp. for fertilizers.

These days it is a marketing gimmick for selling every thing at higher rates, organic vegetables, fruits and even the chicken.
Such con man are every where in all fields. MUSHTARY HUSHIAR BASH. :lol: :lol: :lol:
M-YC

Post by M-YC »

I agree wid u guys that it could be another marketing gimmic but why not give it a try May be it works.

By the weekend I should be done with my cleaning cycle of soil and clay which I would use as a bottom layer of my substrate. Once ready I'll mix some of this product in a small portion of substrate and wait for few weeks to see plant growth in that area. That's what I am planning to do

Any do's or don'ts I should consider in the process? Any suggestions on the lighting?

I have a 30 gallon tank and M planning to build a low light no CO2 no chemicals heavily planted tank. If this combination works I'll make root tabs to fertilise the substrate every few months.
M-YC

Post by M-YC »

@M FAROOQ

I am not sure if Its safe to use manure for the planted tank as it would be difficult to find out how toxic that manure could be for fishes.
mhk_14
Gardening Interests: I am new hobbyist, thinking to get help to make a planted fish tank.

Post by mhk_14 »

Hello M-YC

How was your experiment, I was thinking to do the same, and found this thread, I know it was 3 years ago, but knowledge never expires. Please let me know what works for in low tech planted tanks.

Return to “Gardening Discussions”