Post by AhmadIrfan »

Yuppp its the ZZ palm
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Re: Sago Palm from seed

Post by mirafzalkhan »

ahussain wrote:Is the Zimbia plant the same as ZZ plant? I have a few ZZ plants in the house.
No, ZZ plant is Zamioculcas zamiifolia commonly known as zambia culcas in Pakistan, I think an incorrect pronunciation of Zamioculcas. It is a very good indoor or semi-shade plant. The zembia Palm discussed in early replies is also not zembia, it is from genus Zamia & not palm. A Cycad but not sure about specie. If want to know the specie, check from this link:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/b/Zami ... ultivar/40
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Thank you mir sahib for enlighting me too !!
zunayir1
City: ISLAMABAD

Post by zunayir1 »

very nice sago palms brothers...i have a sago .i bough it frm a nursery..it was planted ion the ground...i took it frpom there and then planted it in the ground last february...the thing is ...it have some brown stuff comming out from it from the last february when i bought it and its still the same and no new growth is there...i cutted the underneath rounds and only the top round is left and even its turning yellow and its been a year its planted in the ground and still there is no more growth...i am worried if its under virus or what....can you people explain.?...
do you people know from where we cna get sago palms at good prices...?
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

hi, post some pictures of your plant alot of the members here on this forum are experts they can help out too.
i can trade a sago palm with you if you have something to offer.
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

MA i have three sago palms now ..big one..just bought one yesterday.....yes ahmed i can offer you a reasonable price depending on your palm...can you post its picture?...yes i will take the picture and will post it in a day or two IA....where are you from ahmed?....do you have date palms means pure date tree as well?....
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

I am from Lahore I am in search of some good fruiting date trees found a source in dg khan hope it works for me
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

Ok bro as soon as u find one do tellme. I heard the karachi dates work very well but no one gves u a single piece
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

this is the condition of my sago palm..i planted it in last feb and its the same as now...the new stuff in the centre is of the same height its totally the same growth from the last one year..i cutted the underneath circles so that it may grow new ones but its still the same...its not growing at all...please tellme what you people can predict.,..what could be the problems..and what should i do?.....
Attachments
IMG-20120303-00074.jpg
IMG-20120303-00073.jpg
IMG-20120303-00073.jpg
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

more pix
Attachments
IMG-20120303-00078.jpg
IMG-20120303-00077.jpg