wisteria

Discussion related to growing from seed

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: wisteria

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

KAMasud wrote::lol: . Describes all the malis. Mine killed 8000 worth of plants by removing the cover at the peak of the heat wave. By the time i realised, pssst all gone. Fired, now no more malis, just my sweeper watering and lifting the rest is my headache. Bloody mali was the head mali at the chairmen joint chiefs? :roll:
Regards.
I have two full time malies both having more than a decade of experience with PHA Lahore. They are masters of whiling away time and love to water, they have managed to kill many plant by over watering.
I am devising fool proof, sorry Mali proof methods. For instance while planting in pot they love to work with bone dry soil. Water takes a long time to percolate through a bone dry soil and roots of freshly planted plant can dry. My method for them is, fill all pots by soil up to 2/3, fill them with water and leave them for an hour and pot as usual, no theekry but a fine mesh at the bottom to prevent entry of insects and worms.
I am also developing a potting mix which will not retain excessive water.
These days We are getting pits ready for planting. I make them dig 1.5 cubic foot pit, replace the soil if not good, add to it leaf compost and cow dung manure, fill it with the mixed soil, water and leave it.
Once all pits are ready I will start planting trees, shrubs and vines,
which I am in the process of collection.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Mashallah you are having a great time. Bless you Sir, enjoy this wonderful pass time and hobby.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

It's amazing this vine is flowering for you sir I had this vine for 8 years and it never flowered had it removed and it grew back from the roots almost impossible to kill but very hard to make it flower still have the regrown vine but no flowers for more than 2 years any tips Arif sb??
As for the malis the pha guys suck try hring a young man with no experience and train him your self that's what I did and he has been around for 8 years he air layers all my plants and plants cutting sometimes without me asking him he loves to make new plants asks how each plant can be made.
sara

Post by sara »

its said wisteria grown from seeds takes 8 years to bloom ....
i agree about the mali .. i have a relatively young guy, to whom i keep teaching techniques and tips about plants i learn from here and there and hes always eager to learn about them . but i also feel its my garden and i should take care of it myself , the heavy lifting and mundane tasks is what these guys are there for .
Sara
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

AhmadIrfan wrote:It's amazing this vine is flowering for you sir I had this vine for 8 years and it never flowered had it removed and it grew back from the roots almost impossible to kill but very hard to make it flower still have the regrown vine but no flowers for more than 2 years any tips Arif sb??
As for the malis the pha guys suck try hring a young man with no experience and train him your self that's what I did and he has been around for 8 years he air layers all my plants and plants cutting sometimes without me asking him he loves to make new plants asks how each plant can be made.
SUN.Sun/Sun is the answer.
Are you suggesting that I should steel your Mali?
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

You welcome to take the plants he air layered
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Arif sb this is the regrown wisteria vine planted in the open, it receives the sun from morning till 2-3 pm this the last wisteria i am left with only becoz it regrew, i have never seen it flower looking at your wisteria vine makes me wonder why??
Attachments
20120810_085537.jpg
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

To get flowers you have to prune it. The link,

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/Pro ... px?pid=242
It should help
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Will try this too Arif sb thanks
riaz
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

Interesting wisteria :-) do share when you get 6 years old plant 8-)
Riaz

Return to “Growing form Seed”