White Fly Problems!

Moderator: Izhar

Najum ul Saqib
City: Gujranwala

White Fly Problems!

Post by Najum ul Saqib »

Assalam o alaikum mere pas white fly kafi plants pa lug jati hy aur wo itni burh jatein hein k phir poda mur jata hy ab mera new raat ki rani poday pa b ye keeray agay hein me ye janna chahta hun k inn keeron sa kese bucha jay ?? kya coopex powder se inhein mara ja skta hy?? inhein urdu ma kya kehtay hein ?? insay buchnay ka koi aur tareeka b bta dein
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: White Fly Problems!

Post by M Farooq »

Najum ul Saqib wrote:Assalam o alaikum mere pas white fly kafi plants pa lug jati hy aur wo itni burh jatein hein k phir poda mur jata hy ab mera new raat ki rani poday pa b ye keeray agay hein me ye janna chahta hun k inn keeron sa kese bucha jay ?? kya coopex powder se inhein mara ja skta hy?? inhein urdu ma kya kehtay hein ?? insay buchnay ka koi aur tareeka b bta dein

You can post the pictures of your infected plant and people will give an advice.

Coopex is not decent solution. But lets first identify your pest from the picture.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Try these easy home made recipes.....you will be required to spray these continuously for few days

Home Made Organic Pesticides

Soap Spry
Mix two table spoon dishwashing liquid and one table spoon cooking oil in one gallon (4.5 liter) water.
Effective on aphids, spider mites, whiteflies and thrips. Soap spray is not a preventative. It acts on contact, which means that it must touch the insect pest in order to be effective.

Garlic Spray
Blend one whole garlic bulb and mix with one gallon of water.
Allow the mixture to stand for 24 hours.
Strain the mixture.
Add one tablespoon of cooking oil.
Used for aphids, snails, chewing caterpillars or any soft-bodied insects.
Note: Garlic spray is an excellent mosquito repellant, spraying on plants & ponds will surely repel mosquitoes.
Najum ul Saqib

Post by Najum ul Saqib »

Taxus_Mealybug.jpg
Sorry guys I was talking about mealybug! Actually this insects has killed lot of my plants ... Pic of the pest is uploaded
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Najum ul Saqib wrote:
Taxus_Mealybug.jpg
Sorry guys I was talking about mealybug! Actually this insects has killed lot of my plants ... Pic of the pest is uploaded
A picture is worth a thousand words ...okay you have mealy bugs. They are a headache. Mealy bug's surface (skin) is hydrophobic i.e. it repels water. A simple and effective recipe is given by Farhan using soap or garlic spray. You will have to literally bathe the plant with these sprays in order to eliminate them couple of times. Soap helps them to wet the insects skin. Just for your interest, insects breathe through their skin.

Another recipe which I used to try was boiling some few tobacco leaves in ~ 1L water, and adding few drops of soap after cooling. Strain the brown solution with a very fine cloth and spray on the plants. It is a very powerful of insecticide.

BTW nice name. Do you know which star your name (the shining star), refers to in the quran :-)?
Najum ul Saqib

Post by Najum ul Saqib »

Thanks a lot.. I will try the soap n garlic recipe.... Otherwise You are right the meaning of my name is " A SHINING STAR" I feel proud on my name! :)
M Farooq wrote:
Najum ul Saqib wrote:
Taxus_Mealybug.jpg
A picture is worth a thousand words ...okay you have mealy bugs. They are a headache. Mealy bug's surface (skin) is hydrophobic i.e. it repels water. A simple and effective recipe is given by Farhan using soap or garlic spray. You will have to literally bathe the plant with these sprays in order to eliminate them couple of times. Soap helps them to wet the insects skin. Just for your interest, insects breathe through their skin.

Another recipe which I used to try was boiling some few tobacco leaves in ~ 1L water, and adding few drops of soap after cooling. Strain the brown solution with a very fine cloth and spray on the plants. It is a very powerful of insecticide.

BTW nice name. Do you know which star your name (the shining star), refers to in the quran :-)?
mahira
City: karachi

Post by mahira »

what was the result of the sprays? did it help? im facing the same problem.. wanted to be sure if it works or not..the soap n garlic spray
Najum ul Saqib

Post by Najum ul Saqib »

I have tried soapy water many times but no good results :(
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Najum ul Saqib wrote:I have tried soapy water many times but no good results :(

Dear Najam, Which soap did you try? The handwashing soaps are very gentle. When we mentioned soap - it meant few drops of dishwashing liquids plus garlic extract as explained above. Add enough dishwashing liquid (one drop at a time) that you should feel that water as "slippery" when you rub you fingers.
Najum ul Saqib

Post by Najum ul Saqib »

Okay I have made a mixture of LUX soap with surf excel

Return to “Pests and Diseases”