Black Spots on Ficus Leaves...

Moderator: Izhar

Antonio.Benderas
City: حیدرآباد، سندھ

Black Spots on Ficus Leaves...

Post by Antonio.Benderas »

AOA,,, guys need ur help... plz tell me whats this thing on ficus leaves..... and also tell me any solution....

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Black Spots on Ficus Leaves...

Post by M Farooq »

This is so called Ficus scale disease. It is a headache to get rid of them :-(. More details can be found on the web.

http://www.gardenguides.com/78278-ficus ... sease.html
Antonio.Benderas

M Farooq wrote:This is so called Ficus scale disease. It is a headache to get rid of them :-(. More details can be found on the web.

read some where to spray white phenyl...... i hv used it in evening waiting for results now.....
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Antonio.Benderas wrote:
M Farooq wrote:This is so called Ficus scale disease. It is a headache to get rid of them :-(. More details can be found on the web.

read some where to spray white phenyl...... i hv used it in evening waiting for results now.....
Can you post a reference please? The so-called "white phenyl" is a misnomer- it is essentially a pine tree oil dispersed in water. I would never ever suggest to spray pine oil on plants...It is a great pesticide for bacteria, but not sure if it can help with the scales disease. There will be one winner either the scale insects or the tree...survival of the fittest ... lets see :-(
Antonio.Benderas

M Farooq wrote:
Antonio.Benderas wrote:
M Farooq wrote:
Can you post a reference please? The so-called "white phenyl" is a misnomer- it is essentially a pine tree oil dispersed in water. I would never ever suggest to spray pine oil on plants...It is a great pesticide for bacteria, but not sure if it can help with the scales disease. There will be one winner either the scale insects or the tree...survival of the fittest ... lets see :-(

Bro i had used this thing on sago palm n its work great on it... now lets c what will b the result in this case....... n dnt hv link of dat site... sorry....
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Antonio.Benderas wrote: Bro i had used this thing on sago palm n its work great on it... now lets c what will b the result in this case....... n dnt hv link of dat site... sorry....
Good luck with your experiments :-). May be the successful effect you saw was due to the detergent action of the pine oil.
I cannot find any reliable reference spraying phenyl rather pine oil, meant for floor mopping, on plants.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”